At the request of the Medical Board of California, on April 17, 2020, the Office of the Attorney General issued California Opinion of the Attorney General No. 15-301 (“Opinion”), to formally address the meaning of the term “effective date” in Business and Professions Code section 805. 805 reports are the potentially career-changing reports filed with the Medical Board when corrective action is taken by a peer review body such as a hospital’s medical staff or a medical group to restrict or terminate a physician’s clinical privileges or employment for medical ...
In anticipation of its November Board meeting this past week, the Medical Board released its Medical Board Staff Report along with a long-awaited draft of the enabling regulations for its Physician Health and Wellness Program.
While the re-establishment of a Physician Health and Wellness Program is a positive development, the new Program is structured in a way which fails to encourage physicians with substance abuse problems to enter the Program voluntarily at an early stage of their addiction ...
On September 19, 2018, Governor Jerry Brown signed into law the Patient’s Right to Know Act of 2018 (SB 1448), which will require practitioners to notify their patients when they are placed on probation on or after July 1, 2019 for the following offenses:
- The commission of any act of sexual abuse, misconduct, or relations with a patient or client;
- Drug or alcohol abuse directly resulting in harm to patients or to the extent that such use impairs the ability of the practitioner to practice safely;
- Criminal conviction directly involving harm to patient health; or
- Inappropriate ...
Our Health Law Ticker is a one-stop resource for everything new and noteworthy in healthcare law. We cover recent developments in healthcare legislation, healthcare reform, Medicare/Medicaid, managed care, litigation, regulatory compliance, HIPAA, privacy, peer review, medical staffs and general business operations for healthcare companies and licensed healthcare professionals.
Stay ConnectedRSS Feed
- Affordable Care Act
- Allied Health Professionals
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Bipartisan Budget Act
- Civil Monetary Penalties
- Electronic Health Records
- Employment Law
- False Claims Act
- Fraud and Abuse
- Healthcare Litigation
- Healthcare Technology
- HIPAA's Minimum Necessary Rule
- Hospitals and Health Facilities
- Independent Practice Associations
- Medical Board
- Medical Groups
- Medical Staffs
- Pain Assessment and Managment
- Payment and Reimbursement
- Peer Review
- Physician Management Companies
- Professional Licensing
- Protected Health Information
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- State Law
- Workplace Harassment